Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chapter 1.7 The process of aging.

Those 2 weeks couldn't have gone by slower, as I awaited the day that Carly and Derrick would enter our lives. We had been wanting to adopt for a while and now the dream was going to come true.


 We wanted to adopt 2 kids, a boy and a girl and we adopted kids because toddlers were becoming too much on our 40 year old bodies. Carly was first, she is a daredevil, loves the outdoors and has a photographer's eye.

Next was Derrick, he is a Perfectionist, Bookworm, and Friendly. He is a little ball of energy despite his bookworm trait.

Carly was the opposite of Derrick and was usually quiet whenever I tried to talk to her about her life before we adopted her.

Carly would only open up when she was around Brandon, sitting and playing with him for hours because he was quiet like her.

Adam and Derrick got along instantly playing in their tree fort until it was time for bath and bed.

The boys would also stay up and whisper to each other all night long. Sometimes I'd catch them up as late as midnight! No PJ's on or anything!


Not long after Carly and Derrick came into our lives, it was time for Adam and the twins to age up, we threw a big party at the house to celebrate.


Adam went first since he was the oldest, after a quick thought he wished for good grades in high school and blew out his candles.

The sparkles surrounded him and he aged up into one handsome teen, developing the bookworm trait.

Next up was Brandon, I helped him blow out his candles since he couldn't reach them. Brandon was so cute as he gave a little puff trying to blow out the candles.

He grew up and gained the rebellious trait. I guess because he felt second place as a toddler. His first step in rebelling was growing out his hair and refusing to let me cut it.

Bree was last and even though everyone was tired we still cheered her on as I hoped she outgrew her screaming toddler ways.

She developed the brave trait, and being surrounded by brothers, I guess she needs to be.

After the birthday party I kind of felt sorry for Adam, having to share a room with his little siblings, but he said he didn't mind it, so I tried to let it go.

Bree and Brandon shared a room-therefore they had to share all their toys. Bree designated that her toys would be kept on the dresser and no one else could play with them unless they asked her.

Anyways in my career I was now a well-known investigator so I had to do most of my stakeouts at night so no one would notice me.

Since I had to work at night that left me with more than enough free time during the day to do, well, nothing. Housework, maybe.

But I did love to work, with Ethan working late some nights it left Adam to babysit, and he was quite good at it, he would have all the kids doing their homework and studying.

Bree was a little more calm now as a kid she wanted to play with the guitar so bad but I told her she needed to be a little bit older to play with the guitar.

Bree and Brandon were quite the little jesters too, always setting booby traps like whoopee cushions all around the house waiting for their next victim which is normally their father.



He's a trooper and puts up with it but I can't hep but wonder what effect the pranking will have when their teenagers....

No comments:

Post a Comment