Monday, July 25, 2011

Chapter 1.5 Solving Struggles

"Everything is going to be fine, you can stop looking so mad."
"I don't want to be here Ethan."
"Just think of the outcome, OK?"

"Mr. and Mrs. Evans, the doctor will see you now." The receptionist said without even looking away from her computer.

"Let's go." Ethan said rising out of his chair as he moved towards the little room. My legs suddenly became as heavy as cinder blocks, and they refused to move from the waiting room.

When I re-gained control of them I made my way into the room and sat on the bed while Ethan sat in the chair in the other corner of the room.

After a minute of awkward silence, the doctor entered the room. She had a stressed look on her face and needed a good night sleep.
"Hello Dr. Brooks."
"Ya Ya, so what the problem."
"Well," Ethan began. "We're like every other couple that comes in here, we can't get pregnant."

"Ever since our son, Adam was born 2 years ago, we've been trying but, it's just not happening, and we were wondering if you could help us?"

"I might, if you can afford the treatment I would be glad to help you have another child."
"We've been saving we can afford it." I snapped at the money-hungry doctor.

"Then, if your ready I think we can start your treatment today."

"Then they hooked me up to a bunch of annoying monitors and before I knew it I was home. I thanked the sitter and scooped up Adam.

I was never happier to be home than I was right now.

Ethan was back on the computer in no time, saying that he had missed enough of work and he needed to catch up.

After dinner the phone finally rang, it was the doctor telling us that the treatment was a success and we could start trying immediately if we wanted to.

We took her up on that offer, and sure enough it didn't take long before I was pregnant again

I did take it easy on this pregnancy, leaving Ethan with Adam 24-7 he said it didn't bother him though.

Before I knew it, it was Adam's birthday and we decided it would be best for my pregnancy if we just had a family party.

He aged into a handsome little boy and developed the workaholic trait just like his dad.

That night, when I was washing up for bed, I felt a sharp pain that could only mean I was going into labor. Ethan was a lot quicker getting to the hospital this time.

I am so happy to announce that I had twins! A boy who we named Brandon, and a girl who we named Bree.

As far as I can tell they're identical except that Brandon had gold eyes like Ethan and Bree had blue eyes like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment